316/316L Stainless Steel Beams
At Stainless Shapes, Inc., we supply a variety of metal forms, including stainless steel beams. With over 25 years of experience providing the industrial and commercial sectors with metal products and an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility, our team has the knowledge and equipment to provide you with the highest quality stainless steel beams. Our stainless steel beams meet the following ASTM International standards:
- ASTM 276
- ASTM A484
- ASTM A479/A479M
316 Stainless Steel Properties
Stainless steel is available in many varieties, each of which suits varying applications. Some key properties that make 316 stainless steel the optimal choice for use in structural beams include its:
- Corrosion resistance. 316 stainless steel is well-suited for building structures in marine or moist environments. The material resists oxidation, which keeps the material stronger and in good condition for longer.
- Pitting resistance. Unlike other types of stainless steel (such as 304), with 316 stainless steel material, building managers don’t have to worry about the formation of holes or pitting.
- Heat resistance. Part of the 316’s oxidation resistance stems from its resistance to heat damage. As the temperature increases, the material becomes stronger and demonstrates better creep, stress-rupture, and tensile strength.
- 316 stainless steel responds well to welding. Subtypes of grade 316, such as 316L and 316Ti, offer even better weldability.
- Chemical resistance. 316 steel can withstand highly acidic environments. This quality makes the material ideal for chemical processing applications.
316 stainless steel comes in several subtypes, such as 316L. Compared to standard 316 stainless steel, 316L contains less carbon, making it better suited for applications involving significant amounts of welding or high temperature environments. Although both 316 and 316L produce durable and long-lasting beams, industry professionals tend to choose 316L for use in corrosive environments, such as are found in marine or building and construction applications.
At Stainless Shapes, we provide both 316/316L stainless steel beams for the following industries:
In particular, facilities in the oil and gas and wastewater treatment industries require construction materials that can withstand demanding operating and environmental requirements. Wastewater treatment facilities need the corrosion and chemical resistance that 316 stainless steel beams and parts provide, while oil and gas facilities need damage resistant material that can handle extremely high temperatures and resist oil-based corrosion.
Why Choose Stainless Shapes, Inc. for 316 Stainless Steel Beams?
At Stainless Shapes, we construct 316 stainless steel beams using extrusion, hot rolling, and laser fusing processes. We offer our 316/316L stainless steel beams in a variety of shapes, including:
- I Beams, which are solid, lightweight beams commonly used in construction projects
- S Beams (American Standard Beams), which are I beams with the standard dimensions found in American constructions
- H Beams, which are stronger, reinforced, and made from three separate pieces of metal
- W Beams, which have wide, equally thick flanges
By partnering with us for your stainless steel beam needs, you experience the following advantages:
- Quality products. We maintain and apply an ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system (QMS). By implementing our QMS, we aim to increase the quality of our products and the satisfaction of our customers.
- Competitive prices. We offer quality stainless steel products at lower costs.
- Start-to-finish customer service and support. We have an experienced customer service team that can answer your questions before, during, and after your order.
- Convenient sales support and fast delivery. We maintain sales locations in Florida and Illinois and shipping locations in eight states so you can complete and receive your order quickly, no matter where you’re located.
Request a Quote Today to Get Your Beam Order Started
316 and 316L stainless steel are strong, durable, and corrosion resistant materials suitable for use in structural applications. If you’re looking for beams made from these alloys for your next project, we can provide you with both standard (20 feet) and custom lengths to meet your exact project specifications. Request a quote today to get your order started.